Con-Force Structures Ltd. is a British Columbia based concrete precast manufacturing company. We combine creative engineered solutions with relevant advice and dedicated people to provide proven products in Structural and Architectural Engineered Precast products.
We are seeking motivated, hardworking individuals to join our Unionized pre-cast concrete facility in Richmond, BC. We currently have a need for a full time Class 1 Truck Driver and Forklift operator license.
This position will mainly be transporting pre-cast concrete from our yard to job sites (all in the lower mainland) as well as moving pieces around the yard. The successful incumbent must have their class 1 as well as their Forklift operator’s license. When you are not busy moving pieces and transporting to the various sights you will be working in the yard and or in the facility with the making of the pre-cast product.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Physically demanding
- Working with concrete
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Site Environment:
- Safety is highest priority: steel toed boots and other PPE mandatory
- Fast paced, high productivity
- Hazards include noise, dust, and heavy equipment
- 1 – 3 years experience driving with your class 1 and transporting
- Forklift operator license is a strong asset and preferred
- Available to work full time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday
- Occasional Saturdays may be required
- Shiftwork required, must be available to work all shifts
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions in English
- Experience working with hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Safety conscious
- Must have good organization skills
- Reliable and highly motivated
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Must have Steel-toed safety boots that come above the ankle
- Must have reliable transportation (transit is not available for early shifts in our area)
- Must have willingness to learn, take initiative, and work as a part of the team
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- *Experience in Precast Concrete an asset
- *Basic concrete and or carpentry knowledge a strong asset
Compensation is based on the collective agreement, qualifications and experience. Health Benefits and MSP is provided through the Union after successful completion on probationary period.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Truck Driver in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.