Con-Force Structures Ltd. is a Richmond, BC-based concrete precast manufacturing company specializing in pre‑stressed pre-cast concrete for customized structural, architectural and engineered products. Our products include heavy industrial bridges, parkades, stadiums, buildings, dock structures, hollowcore flooring, rapid transit lines, deck panels, box beams and double tee’s.
We have an immediate need for a multi-talented individual to join our team as a Millwright/Mechanic. This is a permanent full-time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. We are seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to join our pre-cast concrete facility in Richmond, BC.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively work independently while coordinating with supervisors and co‑workers, will be able to wear multiple hats and will be an excellent communicator and team player. You must be able to navigate this fast-paced environment where safety is top priority and priorities are constantly changing.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on machinery and equipment
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop when required
- Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Completes required paperwork utilizing maintenance software program associated with repairing machinery, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Inspection Reports
- Performs maintenance related work as required
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
***This position will also include other administrative tasks as needed***
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Confined Spaces
- Fall Arrest
- Crane Operators Certificate is an asset
- Shop fabricating equipment maintenance experience is a must
- Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and training opportunities. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online with confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.