Con-Force Structures Ltd. is a Richmond, BC-based concrete precast manufacturing company specializing in pre stressed pre-cast concrete for customized structural, architectural and engineered products. Our products include heavy industrial bridges, parkades, stadiums, buildings, dock structures, hollowcore flooring, rapid transit lines, deck panels, box beams and double tee’s.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time, Journeyman Electrician to join our unionized facility. The incumbents will work independently as well as with a team of workers on the production floor as needed. To be successful in this role you will be someone who adapts easily to changing priorities,
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance and installation, operation and troubleshooting of the electrical systems and equipment
• Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
• Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
• Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults and integrity of circuits
• Maintain safe condition of maintenance area and any areas worked in
• General housekeeping at and around your workspace and the facility
• Any other duties as required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Physically demanding
• Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
• Working with concrete and heavy-duty machinery
• Handling heavy loads
• Standing and or bending/kneeling for extended periods
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to stand, walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell
Work Site Environment:
• All work is performed at our manufacturing facility
• Fast paced, high productivity
• Hazards include noise, dust, and heavy equipment
• Red Seal Journeyman Electrician certification
• 3 years work experience as an Electrician
• 2 years in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and electrical schematics
• Ability to speak, read and comprehend written instructions in English
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
• Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week Monday – Friday, various start times
• Safety conscious
• Must have exceptional organization skills
• Reliability is paramount
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Safety is the highest priority: steel toed boots that come above the ankle is a must
• *Experience in Precast Concrete an asset
Compensation is based on a combination of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), qualifications and experience. MSP, Health and Dental Benefits are provided through the Union after successful completion of your probationary period. GRRSP contribution of $1.50/ hour worked are provided through Con-Force after successful completion of your probationary period, which is 90 days worked, per the CBA.
You have a positive attitude, willingness to work hard and be a productive member of the team. You do not shy away from challenging and demanding situations. You are able to work with individuals with various backgrounds and experience, you are passionate about your work and take pride in what you do.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.conforcestructures.comto learn more about us and send your resume with confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contact.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Con-Force Structures Ltd. is a Richmond, BC-based concrete precast manufacturing company specializing in pre‑stressed pre-cast concrete for customized structural, architectural and engineered products. Our products include heavy industrial bridges, parkades, stadiums, buildings, dock structures, hollowcore flooring, rapid transit lines, deck panels, box beams and double tee’s.
We have an immediate need for a multi-talented individual to join our team as a Millwright/Mechanic. This is a permanent full-time position working a minimum of 40 hours per week. We are seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to join our pre-cast concrete facility in Richmond, BC.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively work independently while coordinating with supervisors and co‑workers, will be able to wear multiple hats and will be an excellent communicator and team player. You must be able to navigate this fast-paced environment where safety is top priority and priorities are constantly changing.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on machinery and equipment
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop when required
- Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Completes required paperwork utilizing maintenance software program associated with repairing machinery, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Inspection Reports
- Performs maintenance related work as required
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
***This position will also include other administrative tasks as needed***
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Confined Spaces
- Fall Arrest
- Crane Operators Certificate is an asset
- Shop fabricating equipment maintenance experience is a must
- Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and training opportunities. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online with confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
No telephone calls or applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.